The 1L LCLD Scholars Program offers you the rare opportunity to spend a summer working alongside attorneys from LCLD Member organizations. Opportunities for diverse first-year law students are shared on the LCLD website, and students may be chosen by their employer to participate in the 1L Scholars Program.
How to Apply to the 1L Scholars Program
1. Apply directly to summer internships made available by LCLD Member organizations. Click here to view the Summer 2022 job opportunities.
2. If you have questions about any of the job opportunities, please use the contact information listed for that organization.
3. To be eligible as a 1L Scholar, you must be enrolled as a first-year law student and in good standing in an ABA-approved school.
4. Member organizations will make the final hiring decision at their discretion. They will also make the decision to select you as a 1L LCLD Scholar.
5. You will have the opportunity to attend the 2022 1L LCLD Scholars Virtual Summit, June 7-9, 2022, led by distinguished speakers. Please contact Nancy Richardson, LCLD Program Manager, if you have questions about the summit. Click here for details about last year's virtual programming.
6. If hired, plan to spend your summer with that LCLD Member organization working side-by-side with attorneys, learning new skills, and building networks.
Benefits for Scholars
1L LCLD Scholars Virtual Summit: LCLD invites each class of Scholars to this annual event, which includes panel discussions, distinguished speakers, and networking opportunities for the Scholars with LCLD Members and each other. Please note: Due to COVID-19, enhanced virtual programming will be provided to 2022 1L Scholars instead of an in-person summit. More details will follow in the coming months.
Substantive Work Assignments: LCLD Scholars spend their summer working with attorneys from Fortune 500 legal departments and Am Law 350 law firms.
Networking: There is a LinkedIn group dedicated to articles and discussions relevant to all 1L LCLD Scholars, who are invited to join.
If you have any questions about the 1L LCLD Scholars Program, please contact Nancy Richardson, LCLD Program Manager.