Wal-mart Stores, Inc., Bentonville, AR October 2013-Present
Sr. Associate Counsel, Wage and Hour, Employment Division
- Provide counsel to executive leadership team, corporate and field human resources and business partners regarding wage and hour, compensation and employment compliance matters for 1.2 million U.S. employees, including:
- Providing strategic legal guidance for compensation practices and HR projects and initiatives including a 2.7 billion dollar wage investment and corresponding chain-wide “Pathways” and “Academies” training programs and UGESP compliant testing/selection procedures for 800K+ U.S. employees.
- Responding to all U.S. wage claims, attorney demand letters, DOL investigations & audits regarding compensation; managing and coordinating all U.S. single plaintiff compensation, FLSA wage & hour litigation.
- Providing legal support for all HR related information systems teams including payroll, scheduling, time and attendance, PTO, and HR Analytics as well as contract review and legal approval for all HR systems vendors.
- Legal diversity initiatives including membership on Wal-Mart’s Leadership Council for Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder, and African American Business Resource Group activities.
Ricoh, U.S., Malvern, PA September 2010-October 2013
Sr. Counsel, Labor and Employment
- Provided counsel to executive leadership team, corporate and field human resources and business partners regarding labor and employment matters, including:
- Drafted employee handbooks, employment policies, employee benefit plans, affirmative action plans and adverse impact analyses, independent contractor agreements and severance agreements.
- Managed and coordinated outside counsel with respect to all employment litigation and claims.
Kaufman, Dolowich, Voluck & Gonzo, LLP, Blue Bell, PA June 2009-September 2010
Labor and Employment Associate
- Defended employers against claims involving FLSA, FMLA, race, gender, age, disability and national origin discrimination and claims of sexual harassment, including:
- Researching issues relevant to the defense of FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, ADA, and ADEA claims.
- Representing employers at fact finding conferences, mediations and settlement conferences.
- Counseled employers concerning employment policies and contracts, including:
- Drafting handbooks, employment policies, settlement agreements and severance agreements.
WolfBlock, LLP, Philadelphia, PA
Labor and Employment Associate August 2006-May 2009
- Represented and counseled employers in collective bargaining matters, including:
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements and employee benefit plans.
- Advising employers regarding strike planning, organizational campaigns and employee benefit plans.
- Representing employers in arbitrations and before the NLRB and state employee relations boards.
- Defended employers against claims involving ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, race, gender, age, disability and national origin discrimination and claims of sexual harassment, including:
- Researching issues relevant to the defense of ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, ADA, and ADEA claims.
- Drafting briefs, motions, pleadings, discovery requests and settlement agreements.
- Interviewing clients, preparing witnesses and taking and defending depositions.
Sr. Associate Counsel
Areas of Practice
Administrative & Regulatory
Labor & Employment Law
Walmart Legal Department Leadership Council on Diversity and Inclusion African American Business Resource Group
Temple University, James E. Beasley School of LawUpdate this Profile