Please see below for what to expect and next steps to prepare you for a successful year in the Pathfinder Program.
- What to Expect During the Pathfinder Program
- Register for the LCLD 2021 Pathfinder First Meeting (Virtual) - Deadline May 12, 2021
- Claim and Update Your LCLD Directory Profile - Deadline April 16, 2021
- Meet Virtually with Your Peer Circle - Deadline April 30, 2021
- Complete the TypeCoach Verifier - Deadline April 30, 2021
- Connect with Us via Social Media
- Update Your Safe Sender List
- Calendar of Events
- Important LCLD Contacts
What to Expect During the Pathfinder Program
During your Pathfinder year, you'll participate in Class Meetings, online experiential learning, Compass Conversations, and Peer Circles with your fellow Pathfinders, as well as interact with a Program Facilitator at your organization. Click here to learn more about how all of these components work together to create the LCLD Pathfinder experience.
Events for Pathfinders
Click here for a schedule of important events during the Pathfinder Program. In addition to full Class Meetings, Compass Conversations, virtual learning sessions, and regional sessions, Pathfinders have access to a variety of events throughout the year, including both substantive and relationship-building opportunities. You may register for upcoming Pathfinder events here, or visit the LCLD Events Calendar and select the “Pathfinder” filter.
Next Steps to Engage in the Pathfinder Experience
1. Register for the LCLD 2021 Pathfinder First Meeting
The first Class Meeting will take place virtually May 12-14, 2021. Sessions will be held in Accelevents over the course of three days, beginning in the afternoon on May 12 and concluding in the afternoon on May 14. Click here to register using Google Chrome.
2. Claim and Update Your LCLD Directory Profile
Claim and update your profile in the Pathfinder Directory to give your classmates, LCLD, and Alumni of the Pathfinder and Fellows programs the opportunity to learn more about you. In addition, LCLD Alumni use the directory as a resource for seeking advice and referring business. Building your LCLD network starts with building your directory profile. Click here to locate and claim your profile by the Friday, April 16, 2021.
Search for your name in the Keyword field, click on your profile, and then click the Claim this Profile button. You will then be emailed additional instructions. After you have claimed your profile, be sure to update it with a photo, all areas in which you practice, and a brief bio. Here's just one example of a well-done profile.
3. Meet Virtually with Your Peer Circle
Welcome to your new group of best friends! Peer Circles are designed to facilitate peer-to-peer learning and relationship building within a smaller group and will meet throughout your Pathfinder year. We’re asking you to meet virtually with your Peer Circle ahead of the 2021 Pathfinder First Meeting to introduce yourselves, pick a team name (that will outshine all other team names!), and to generally get to know each other. You will receive contact information for all of your Peer Circle members via email in late-March. The deadline to meet with your Peer Circle is Friday, April 30, 2021. For questions, please email Sarah Alexander, Pathfinder Program Manager.
4. Complete the TypeCoach Verifier Plus
As a 2021 Pathfinder, you have access to a series of interactive online Personality Type Modules. Please see below for instructions to access the TypeCoach Verifier Plus:
- Go to: www.type-coach.com using a computer (not a device) with the most up-to-date internet browser.
- Click on Sign Up (top right).
- Create and save your password.
- Enter the access code 5QC1HH.
The assessment will take roughly 25 minutes to complete. If you need to come back to the site, just click on Login (top right) to pick up where you left off. You will use your results as part of a session at the first meeting, so be sure to complete this exercise by Friday, April 30, 2021. Contact email@example.com with any technical or account-related questions.
Please download your five-page report at the end of the Verifier and plan to have it on hand during the 2021 Pathfinder First Meeting.
5. Connect with Us via Social Media
Engage with your fellow Pathfinders and the nationwide LCLD community, get program updates, and find relevant articles on leadership development, career advice, diversity and inclusion, and more. To connect, like our Facebook page, follow LCLD President Robert Grey on Twitter, join the Pathfinder LinkedIn group, and join the 2021 Pathfinder GroupMe.
6. Update Your Safe Sender List
To ensure that you receive important emails during your Pathfinder Program year and beyond, please add the following domains to your safe sender list: @cmail19.com, @cmail20.com, and @lcldnet.com. Please also ask your IT professionals to carry out the whitelisting actions listed here as soon as possible. If you have additional questions, please review our troubleshooting tips.
7. Review the Calendar of Events
Click here to view the calendar of Pathfinder meetings, Compass Conversations, and other events open to Pathfinders.
- Sarah Alexander, Pathfinder Program Manager: Questions about the Pathfinder Program curriculum, meeting agendas, and the Pathways for Pathfinders newsletter
- Stella Varga, Events Manager: Questions about Class Meeting registration
- Chenoa Forrester, Programs Specialist: Questions about the weekly #TalentRising newsletter; technical questions about LCLD Directory profiles, email delivery, or Pathfinder E-Modules
- Jessica Sabesan, Senior Communications & Marketing Manager: Questions about the LCLD website or the monthly LCLD Insider newsletter
- Erin Hess, LCLD Alumni Program Manager: Questions about Pathfinder Alumni or transitioning into the LCLD Alumni network after your Pathfinder Program year
For questions about the Pathfinder Program, please contact Sarah Alexander, LCLD Pathfinder Program Manager.