Please see below for next steps and important links to prepare you for a successful year in the Pathfinder Program.
1. Register for the LCLD 2020 Pathfinder First Meeting
The first class meeting will take place virtually, April 30-May 2, 2020. Click here for the meeting agenda and to register for the meeting by Friday, April 24, 2020. Due to how we have customized the attendee experience for this meeting, you must be registered in advance in order to participate.
Please note: This meeting was originally scheduled to take place in person in Atlanta. Due to COVID-19, the meeting will now take place virtually.
2. Complete the TypeCoach Type Indicator
As a 2020 Pathfinder, you have access to a series of interactive online Personality Type Modules. Please see below for instructions to access the TypeCoach Verifier:
- Go to: www.type-coach.com using a computer (not a device) with the most up-to-date internet browser.
- Click on Sign Up (top right).
- Create and save your password.
- Enter the access code V233V2.
The assessment will take roughly 25 minutes to complete. If you need to come back to the site, just click on Login (top right) to pick up where you left off. You will use your results as part of a session at the first meeting, so be sure to complete this exercise by Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical or account-related questions.
Please download your five-page report at the end of the Verifier and bring it to the virtual meeting.
3. Meet virtually with your Peer Circle
Meet virtually with your Peer Circle and complete this assignment by Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Feel free to use any virtual platform of your choice (bonus points if you share a screen shot of your group meeting!). Please also ensure that you download and save the assignment PDF to your computer before attempting to type on it. If you missed the email on April 10 with your Peer Circle group members, please email Chenoa Forrester for their contact information. We'd still like you to be part of this initial meeting with you Peer Circle even if you aren't able to join us for the virtual 2020 Pathfinder First Meeting, so be sure to engage with your group!
4. Claim and Update Your Pathfinder Directory Profile
Claim and update your profile in the Pathfinder Directory to give your classmates, LCLD, and Alumni of the Pathfinder and Fellows programs the opportunity to learn more about you. In addition, LCLD Alumni use the directory as a resource for seeking advice and referring business. Building your LCLD network starts with building your directory profile. Click here to locate and claim your profile by the Wednesday, April 29, 2020.
Search for your name in the Keyword field, click on your profile, and then click the Claim this Profile button. You will then be emailed additional instructions. After you have claimed your profile, be sure to update it with a photo, all areas in which you practice, and a brief bio. Here's just one example of a well-done profile.
5. Connect with us via Social Media
Engage with your fellow Pathfinders and the nationwide LCLD community, get program updates, and find relevant articles on leadership development, career advice, diversity and inclusion, and more. To connect, like our Facebook page, follow LCLD President Robert Grey on Twitter, join the 2020 Pathfinder LinkedIn group, and join the 2020 Pathfinder GroupMe chat.
6. Update Your Safe Sender List
To ensure that you receive important emails during your Pathfinder Program year and beyond, please add the following domains to your safe sender list: @cmail19.com, @cmail20.com, and @lcldnet.com. Please also ask your IT professionals to carry out the whitelisting actions listed here as soon as possible.
7. Review the Calendar of Events
Click here to view the calendar of Pathfinder meetings, Compass Conversation Day, and other events open to Pathfinders.
8. Review Important LCLD Contacts
- Sarah Alexander, Program Manager: Questions about the Pathfinder Program curriculum, meeting agendas, and the Pathways for Pathfinders newsletter
- Stella Askin, Events Manager: Questions about in-person meeting hotels and Dine-Arounds
- Chenoa Forrester, Programs Specialist: Questions about Peer Circle assignments and Pathfinder Directory profiles
- Jessica Sabesan, Senior Communications & Marketing Manager: Questions about the LCLD website, email delivery, or the LCLD Insider newsletter
- Erin Hess, LCLD Alumni Program Manager: Questions about Pathfinder Alumni or transitioning into the LCLD Alumni network after your Pathfinder Program year
For questions about the Pathfinder Program, please contact Sarah Alexander, LCLD Pathfinder Program Manager.