Updated June 8, 2020
In response to the rapidly evolving coronavirus COVID-19, the following is LCLD’s plan for meetings and daily operations. We are closely monitoring CDC guidelines, states of emergency, and the recommendations of the Member organizations who host or sponsor our events. This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
LCLD Meetings and Events
Due to COVID 19, all in-person LCLD events from mid-March through the end of 2020 have been cancelled for the health and safety of our Members and community. Please see below for information on specific LCLD programming through the end of 2020.
- LCLD 1L Scholars Summit: The 1L Scholars Summit has been moved to a virtual format with four meetings held in June, July and August. Two sessions are reserved for 1L Scholars only, while the other two sessions are also open to additional summer interns from Member organizations.
- LCLD Alumni Leadership Symposium: The Alumni Leadership Symposium will be held virtually on June 12, 2020.
- LCLD Annual Membership Meeting: The Eleventh Annual Membership Meeting will be held virtually in October. More information will be shared when available.
- 2020 Fellows and Pathfinder Meetings: We are committed to giving the 2020 Fellows and Pathfinders in-person experiences when it is safe to do so. Until that time, we will continue to offer robust substantive and social virtual programming.
- Language of Leadership Webinar Series: This spring, we launched a webinar series of conversations with LCLD Members. You can see all upcoming events on the LCLD calendar. Alongside these webinars, we have also collected thoughts from LCLD Members on ensuring that D&I remains a priority in times of crisis, which you can view on our What's Working portal.
- Virtual Leadership Lunches: We currently have several Virtual Leadership Lunches scheduled for 2020 Fellows (and other Alumni when possible); you can see all upcoming events on the LCLD calendar.
- Other virtual gatherings: To supplement the events we have had to cancel or postpone, we are using virtual platforms to host both hang-outs/check-ins and substantive events for members of the LCLD community. We are continuing to schedule these events as needed; if you are interested in hosting a virtual event for LCLD program participants, please reach out to Erin Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This continues to be a learning experience for the staff at LCLD. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you may have on programming or connecting our community. Please pass on any thoughts or suggestions to Caitlin Puffenberger at email@example.com.