I, Zabrina Jenkins, personally commit to the following:
- I will empower my leadership team to take trainings related to inclusive practices, unconscious bias and the differences between inclusion and diversity.
- I will partner with our recruiting teams to expand the places where job openings are posted to increase diverse candidates including but not limited to racially and ethnically diverse individuals, women, Veterans, refugees, LGBTQIA2+, and persons with disabilities.
- I will create and foster environments where all partners feel recognized and valued for who they are.
- I will overtly advocate for the legal and corporate affairs communities to inspire, attract, and retain diverse talent.
- I will continue to serve as an executive champion to the Starbucks Black Partner Network and support my leadership team with partner network activities.
- I will use my voice and influence to ensure the outside counsel and legal service providers we engage understand and partner with us in our commitment to driving diversity in the legal profession.
- I will meet quarterly with the Law & Corporate Affairs Inclusion & Diversity Committee and continue to advise on and support ongoing initiatives.
- Increase Starbucks annual spend with diverse suppliers to $1.5 billion by 2030. As part of this commitment, Starbucks will partner with other organizations to develop and grow supplier diversity excellence globally.
- Improve representation within the Starbucks paid media portfolio, with a commitment in the next year to allocating 15 percent of its advertising budget with minority-owned and targeted media companies, reaching diverse audiences.
- Support small business and community development projects in Communities that have been historically excluded and oppressed across the U.S. through the Starbucks Community Resilience Fund and by providing neighborhood grants to grassroots and community-based nonprofit organizations focused on local impact and supporting nonprofits that serve under-resourced youth.
- Continue to be intentional in cultivating a culture of inclusion, with a focus on partner retention and development through mentorship and other programs for connecting and coaching partners; gender and race pay equity, working closely with partner (employee) to better understand and support the experiences of our diverse partners and anti-bias training.
- Continue to hold ourselves accountable at the highest levels of the organization by incorporating measurements focused on building inclusive and diverse teams into our executive compensation programs and requiring anti-bias training.
- Continue to act alongside peer companies on the Board Diversity Action Alliance to increase the representation of racially and ethnically diverse directors on corporate boards of directors.
- Continue to be transparent in our approach to Inclusion and Diversity goal setting and progress based on retention rates and progress toward achieving BIPOC representation of at least 30% at all corporate levels and at least 40% at all retail and manufacturing roles by 2025 and continue to publicly share our workforce diversity and progress through annual reporting.
Visit our Starbucks Stories website to view full details of Starbucks efforts to advance racial and social equity and our commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity.