I, William Delgado, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position among my firm’s leadership to maintain the equity of processes such as work assignments, hiring, and compensation.
- I will personally sponsor at least one diverse attorney each year. As part of this relationship, I will ensure that each protégé receives a concrete stretch opportunity for internal/ external visibility periodically.
- I will speak with GC/LCLD Member clients about opportunities to collaborate to advance the careers of named diverse lawyers within the firm.
- Despite the firm’s significant recognition in the DE&I space, we will not rest on our laurels but, instead, continue to be at the vanguard for DE&I principles.
- We will continue to support organizations and affinity groups dedicated to the diversification of the legal profession with our money and time, including by serving in leadership positions of these organizations.
- We will continue our recruiting, hiring, and retention efforts to ensure the continued diversity of our minority- and women-owned law firm.
- We will implement a feedback system, in which attorneys receive frequent, concrete feedback and managers are assessed based on the frequency and quality of the feedback they give.
- We will partner with our clients on DE&I initiatives as well as opportunities to advance the careers of diverse attorneys, both within and outside the organization.
- We will continue to provide our clients with excellent work product, thereby bolstering the business case for DE&I and destroying the insidious belief that “diversity” means “lesser.”