I, Wendy Stark, personally commit to the following:
- I will serve as an advisor to PPL’s Executive Leadership Team on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) issues and will support our corporate DE&I goals, including improving diverse representation in leadership roles, with a focus on females and minorities.
- I will use my voice and influence to publicly advocate for material systemic change to advance DE&I in the legal community.
- I will establish, advise and support the DE&I Committee of PPL’s Office of General Counsel in its efforts to advance department DE&I initiatives and PPL’s corporatewide DE&I goals.
- I will personally participate in and support the DE&I programs of the Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD) and encourage everyone within the department to engage in DE&I training, events and other opportunities through PPL’s business resource groups, LCLD and other providers.
- We will formalize PPL’s Office of General Counsel DE&I Committee with a focus on a workplace culture of DE&I, DE&I education and awareness including through implementation and expansion of unconscious bias education, and supplier diversity.
- We will require all leaders in PPL’s Office of General Counsel to include goals supporting DE&I engagement by themselves and their teams.
- We will continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about DE&I.
- We will share best – and unsuccessful – practices within the workplace and foster collaboration among our organization.
- We will select at least one PPL lawyer to participate in LCLD’s Fellows Program annually.
- We will implement programs to attract, develop and retain a high-performing, diverse workforce (focused recruiting efforts, mentoring, diverse candidate slates and interview panels).
- We will develop a program to attract and sustain relationships with diverse law firms and service providers that includes minorities, women, veterans and disabled candidates and work with our law firms to support their DE&I efforts. We will seek from our outside legal partners a meaningful commitment to DE&I efforts that advances PPL’s DE&I goals.
- We will engage with community organizations to advance PPL’s DE&I efforts.
- We will encourage service by our employees on nonprofit boards and engage in community service focused on the underrepresented and multi-cultural populations.