Vincent J. Guglielmotti
Chief Executive Officer — Brown Rudnick
I, Vincent J. Guglielmotti, personally commit to the following:
- Lead by example and personally promote diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”) as a core Firm value and strategic business imperative at Brown Rudnick.
- Work closely with our DEI Team and use my voice as CEO to champion their efforts to continuously improve the culture and experiences of all Brown Rudnick lawyers and business professionals.
- Continue to encourage our partners and Firm leaders to actively support and participate in DEI-related programs, events and trainings.
- Meet regularly with the members and leaders of Brown Rudnick Affinity Groups and the Women’s Initiative to discuss their concerns and suggestions for improving Firm culture and be a visible ally to underrepresented communities at the Firm.
- Encourage and support DEI Team and Affinity Group involvement in business development efforts, and collaboration with client and potential client organizations.
- Ensure that the necessary resources are appropriately allocated to advance the DEI-related goals and strategic objectives of the Firm.
- Actively encourage recruiting efforts to increase the diversity of our lawyer population, particularly at the lateral partner level.
- Measure and track the progress of DEI-related goals against industry benchmarks and best practices, while creating space for innovation and ideation.
- Continue to use the Mansfield Certification process and other tools to increase the representation of women and diverse lawyers in Firm leadership, pitch opportunities, and hiring.
- Provide regular opportunities for the DEI Team to present and engage with the Management Committee, Practice Group Leaders, Associate Liaison Committee, and administrative department leaders.
- Collaborate with Practice Group Leaders and Professional Development to normalize diversity as a consideration when creating client teams, pitches and relationship management.
- Ensure the equitable allocation of work, client interaction, stretch assignments and other development opportunities among all lawyers.
- Provide development, networking and mentorship opportunities for diverse and women lawyers.
- Encourage our lawyers to further the causes of social justice and racial equality through pro bono representation and participation in the Brown Rudnick Racial Justice Initiative.
- Engage with community organizations and key strategic partner organizations aimed at increasing access to the legal profession.
- Continue to offer Firm-wide learning opportunities through the DEI Learning Series and other DEI-related workshops and trainings.
- Continue to recruit new and lateral candidates with an eye towards increasing the number of talented diverse and women lawyers and business professionals.
- Further develop and support the Brown Rudnick Social Mobility Diversity Fellowship as an essential tool for recruiting Firm talent.