I, Tracy Walker, personally commit to the following:
- Continue supporting and personally participating in McGuireWoods’ diversity and inclusion initiatives, including the Diverse Associates Leadership Program and the Women’s Leadership Forum.
- Meet twice yearly with the firm’s LCLD Fellows and Pathfinders regarding firm D&I initiatives.
- Continue supporting and personally participating in the firm’s Affinity Network activities and meet twice yearly with each of the firm’s Affinity Networks regarding firm D&I initiatives.
- Develop each year a mentor and sponsor relationship with one or more associates of color and/or LGBTQ associates.
- Continue supporting and funding a pipeline project at the University of Virginia intended to steer students of color to law school.
- Engage with members of the firm’s Board of Partners, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and Diversity Action Council to share my own personal commitment and to seek personal commitments from the individual members of the Board of Partners, the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and the Diversity Action Council to advance diversity and inclusion initiatives at the firm.
- Engage with firm client relationship leaders to develop opportunities to collaborate on diversity and inclusion initiatives with our firm clients.
- Continue implementing processes to meet our firm’s strategic goal of increasing the population of lawyers of color, LGBTQ lawyers, and women lawyers at the firm with a particular focus on increasing the number of partners and client relationship leaders from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Expand the use and tracking of metrics to better measure the client/matter leadership roles undertaken by our attorneys to ensure diversity in those roles.
- Continue tracking the productivity and advancement of our associates of color and LGBTQ lawyers and to develop better processes to identify at an early stage any issues that may need to be addressed.
- Commit firm resources towards additional inclusion programming.
- Expand our strategic focus on D&I to include all firm employees, including all of our business services employees.