I, Tony West, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position in the company to advocate for and move the needle on DE&I programming and more equitable processes with sustained action and real accountability.
- I will work with team members to understand the experiences of our organization and partner to support internal programs and projects, such as our DEI Council, that can be adopted company wide.
- I will support external trade associations, affiliates and organizations (e.g. LCLD, Corporate Counsel Women of Color, IP Alliance Diversity Pledge) to work toward creating a truly diverse legal profession while helping address diversity issues in the industry.
- In addition to my participation at trade events, I will also ensure that lawyers in our organization have the opportunity to attend as participants, and as speakers to discuss the importance of DE&I, Uber’s commitment to DE&I, and the execution of our CLO DE&I initiatives.
- I will ensure that accountability measures for senior leaders at the company are in place, including tying compensation of all executive leadership to company-wide diversity goals.
- I will support Uber’s long-term commitments to be an Anti-Racist company including doubling black representation in leadership by 2025 and increasing the number of earners/customer support staff hired into corporate roles.
- I will incentivize change in the legal industry through our Preferred Counsel Program which aims to partner with firms that show a true commitment to DE&I at the leadership level and in the broader legal community.
- DE&I is a top performance metric of the program and the vast majority of Uber’s business will go to firms who score well.
- We will analyze firm data annually to measure equal access to opportunities and consider intersectional data related to firm governance committees (e.g. exec & comp), practice group leaders and top law firm earners, relationship partners, and billing partners.
- Partnering with firms through transparent communications and candid conversations, we’ll help them progress in their DE&I journey.
- I will promote career advancement for law students in the community through participation in internship programs that build a pipeline for companies and firms to cultivate diverse talent.