I, Tom Reid, personally commit to the following:
- I will commit personal time and credibility to promoting the careers of young women and diverse lawyers by providing unique and interesting opportunities for their professional development and growth.
- I will know and actively monitor the representation figures within my legal department and ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) is an integral part of my law department’s recruiting, career development, promotion, advancement, and succession planning.
- I will identify, openly endorse, and support outside counsel firms with diverse partners and associates dedicated to our matters.
- My law department will work in coordination with Comcast’s $100 million pledge to social justice initiatives by offering legal support to underrepresented communities, diverse small businesses, digital equity, and other programs fighting to end racial injustice and inequity.
- The General Counsels of Comcast’s operating businesses (Xfinity, NBCUniversal, and Sky) will be united in support and implementation of DE&I initiatives.
- Our outside law firms will be required to support DE&I initiatives by:
- Providing information about their demographics, Comcast team demographics, leadership structure, promotion and advancement, pay equity and diversity programs;
- Attending in-person meetings with me and our business unit General Counsels on a regular cadence to discuss the firm’s specific efforts to provide meaningful opportunities for diverse attorneys to lead and participate on our matters.
- I will measure success by the individual impacts we are able to make to the career advancement of specific diverse attorneys whom we have identified, tracked, and invested in their progress.
- Success will also be achieved by having strong diverse representation on internal and external teams, and ongoing and sustained support of DE&I initiatives.