I, Terry Theologides, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for D&I in the legal profession.
- I will, individually and in partnership with at least five other General Counsels and five law firm leaders, promote efforts to drive systemic change in the legal profession related to D&I.
- I will personally sponsor, mentor and assist at least two diverse lawyers and help them attain visibility to leaders across my organization, as well as encourage their participation in outside activities for professional development and growth.
- I will continue to meet quarterly with our LCLD Fellows Alumni team to discuss D&I initiatives we are undertaking, source ideas, and take the pulse of the department.
- I will promote diverse candidate slates to the maximum extent possible for open positions in our Legal Department, and actively engage in promoting diversity in recruitment and hiring in my organization.
- I will promote diversity and ensure, to the maximum extent possible, the inclusion of diverse attorneys in employee development and recognition opportunities, and the offering of stretch assignments, rotations and other professional growth initiatives.
- I will participate in and support, and our Legal Department will continue to actively engage with, LCLD and other D&I initiatives, such as the 1L Scholars summer program, as well as mentoring, Fellows and Fellows Alumni activities.
- I will work with my team to improve collection and analysis of diversity data from our outside law firms, and design and implement programs and processes to increase our utilization of diverse suppliers and diverse lawyers in the law firms that represent us.
- I will work with my team to develop a structured mentorship program through which leaders in the Legal Department can mentor diverse associates and junior partners at our law firms.