I, Sybil Dunlop, personally commit to the following:
- I will partner with a general counsel to collaborate on a joint diversity pipeline project, such as hosting a joint summer clerk or hosting an interviewing skills workshop.
- I will speak to diverse alumni and gather their input about how the firm can improve our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- I will partner with one of our firm’s junior diverse attorneys to collaborate on at least one speaking or teaching opportunity that will give them external visibility.
- I will represent the firm at local affinity bar or alumni events geared toward diverse law school alumni.
- Our firm commits that diversity, equity and inclusion is and will remain core to our firm’s principles and practices.
- With respect to hiring new attorneys:
- Our firm will ensure that, for each group of candidates who we interview for attorney positions, at least one candidate will be diverse.
- We will adhere to recommended best practices in our attorney interviews, including engaging in a blind review of applicant writing samples.
- With respect to developing a pipeline of talent:
- Our firm’s summer program will continue to focus on providing experiences to diverse attorneys.
- We will work with local affinity bars and diversity groups to accomplish this aim.
- With respect to retention and promotion of diverse talent:
- We will ensure that each of our firm’s governing committees align on the firm’s broader diversity, equity, and inclusion goals, and that each committee creates goals through a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access lens that are specific to the committee’s purpose.
- We will ensure our attorneys receive ongoing trainings regarding Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access.
- With respect to fostering diversity and inclusion industry-wide:
- The firm will commit to prioritizing diverse or women attorneys and firms as local counsel, as appropriate.
- The firm will commit to consider diverse or women-owned suppliers for outside, non-labor spend.