Chairman — Venable LLP
I, Stuart Ingis, personally commit to the following:
- Actively use my voice to champion the firm’s DEI efforts.
- Identify and advocate for diverse talent for firm leadership opportunities.
- Regularly engage with the firm’s DEI and affinity group committees.
- Regularly meet with female and diverse attorneys when visiting firm offices to provide access to firm management and discuss developments at the firm.
- Meet with the firm’s LCLD Fellows and Pathfinders to discuss their experience, provide access to firm management, and to discuss developments at the firm.
- Continue to closely examine the firm’s decision-making processes and systems for bias.
- Continue to evaluate and improve the recruitment, development, retention and advancement of diverse talent.
- Create and execute a revised mentorship and sponsorship program for diverse talent.
- Enhance the firm’s DEI training and education that underscores the importance of DEI as part of the firm’s culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Routinely evaluate and modify the firm’s DEI metrics and goals and analyze them against our DEI strategic priorities.
- Increase the firm’s diversity partnerships with clients, DEI organizations in the legal profession and within the communities where our offices are located.
- Continue to participate in the Mansfield certification process.
- Reorganize the firm’s Diversity Committee to increase engagement and coordination among attorneys involved in diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Launch new affinity groups for Hispanic and AAPI attorneys.
- Regularly publish a report on our diversity and inclusion initiatives for key stakeholders.
Stuart Ingis (Chair)
Dan Moylan (Co-Managing Partner)
Lawrence Gesner (Co-Managing Partner)