Managing Partner — Robins Kaplan LLP
I, Steven Schumeister, personally commit to the following:
- I will communicate our firm’s unequivocal commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and ensure the commitment is visible via actions and allocation of resources;
- I will ensure that our firm’s internal commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is mirrored by our external support of diverse organizations in the communities in which we live and operate;
- I will leverage my voice as a leader in our firm to advocate for racial equity within the legal profession and in our communities;
- I will engage with members of the firm’s DEI Committee, Affinity Resource Groups and DEI staff to clearly understand priorities and challenges.
- Robins Kaplan LLP will improve retention rates of firm members in historically underrepresented categories to align with retention rates of firm members in majority categories;
- Robins Kaplan LLP will track client pitch team participation of firm members in historically underrepresented categories to help facilitate their substantive representation on pitch and case teams;
- Robins Kaplan LLP will ensure firm leadership (e.g., practice group leaders, deputy office managing partners for associate development, deputy practice group leaders for associate development, and hiring partners) employ a collaborative relationship with the firm’s Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to achieve firm DEI-related goals and commitments;
- Robins Kaplan LLP will ensure equitable distribution of meaningful work and client interactions to support the development of skills, contacts, and confidence of firm members in historically underrepresented categories;
- Robins Kaplan LLP will improve the percentage of firm leadership in historically underrepresented categories for attorney and staff roles;
- • Robins Kaplan LLP will collaborate with Business Development to ensure appropriate participation levels in coaching, mentoring, and pathways to partnership programs by firm members in historically underrepresented categories;
- Robins Kaplan LLP will ensure all internal and external individuals involved with lateral recruiting take significant action to increase results of recruiting diverse lateral attorneys in historically underrepresented categories;
- Robins Kaplan LLP will launch a firm pre-law fellows program to support diversity in the legal field pipeline; and
- Robins Kaplan LLP will leverage quality internal and external DEI training designed to enhance knowledge and skills as the firm seeks to continuously improve as a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.