Managing Partner — Ulmer & Berne LLP
I, Scott Kadish, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position among my firm’s leadership to advocate for changes to improve the equity of processes such as work assignment, hiring, and compensation.
- I will partner with the Chief Diversity Officer to host an LCLD Leadership lunch in at least one Ulmer geographic market.
- I will personally reach out to each of our LCLD Pathfinder and/or Fellow participants twice through the year to brainstorm how we can further our DEIB initiatives at the firm and specifically how we can better support our lawyers from underrepresented communities.
- I will improve our organizational ability to focus on developing, promoting and evaluating efforts aimed at DEIB.
- I will continue sustainable firm programming focused on education and encouraging an inclusive culture and working environment that welcomes and incorporates diverse perspectives.
- I will support the hiring, retention and promotion of diverse and female attorneys and staff.
- I will strive to increase diverse representation at all levels of firm leadership.
- I will pursue industry-standard certifications and continually educate on the value of firm-wide participation, including Mansfield Certification.