I, Sandra Leung, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for and represent D&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will continue to participate in and support the development programs of the Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD).
- I will continue to partner with other general counsel and leaders in the legal profession to create and support programs that aim to increase racially/ethnically diverse undergraduates entering law schools.
- I will continue to partner with law firms to sponsor diverse attorneys and create relationship-building opportunities for racially/ethnically diverse lawyers and prospective lawyers.
- I will continue to serve as an Executive Sponsor of Bristol Myers Squibb's Black Organization for Leadership Development (BOLD).
Law Department Commitment
- We recognize the need to achieve greater diversity in the legal profession and are committed to doing our part by expanding the diversity of our own law department workforce and taking a considered approach to engaging with our external partner law firms on diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Our law department senior leadership will continue pipeline and succession planning with a focus on diverse talent.
- The annual performance of law department members includes consideration of D&I objectives.
- We will increase secondment opportunities to include more diverse outside counsel.
- We will continue our commitment to a best-in-class law student summer internship program, the objective of which is to positively impact the career trajectories of diverse law students.
- With the establishment of a unique two-year, rotational program for early career professionals, we will contribute to creating a diverse, robust pipeline.
- We have set representation guidance for our law firm partners, with an expectation that a significant portion of attorney time will be provided by diverse attorneys, including racially/ethnically diverse attorneys.
- We collaborate with partner law firms to ensure that these relationships further D&I objectives within the legal profession, with a focus on:
- Providing meaningful leadership roles for diverse attorneys on company litigation matters
- Creating formal leadership development programs, talent pipelines, and internship programs for diverse attorneys in these partner firms
- Reporting D&I metrics and providing transparency on compensation allocation for company matters
- At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are committed to addressing health disparities and increasing the diversity of our workforce:
- We will achieve gender parity globally and double Black/African American and Latino/Hispanic executive representation in the United States by the end of 2022.
- We will spend $1 billion globally by 2025 with Black/African American and other diverse-owned businesses.
- We will develop and build capacity of Black/African American and other diverse-owned businesses through mentoring and by providing scholarships to supplier development programs.