EVP, Corporate Development, Public Policy, Regulatory Affairs and General Counsel — Becton, Dickinson and Company
I, Sam Khichi, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for building our pipeline for diverse legal talent, as an LCLD Member Organization.
- I will engage Inclusion & Diversity Champions for the Law Group to advocate and champion Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (ID&E) best practices.
- I will meet annually with other general counsel in my industry to discuss how to promote ID&E internally and among our legal service providers.
- I will continue to advocate for gender and ethnic pay equity by supporting BD’s annual pay equity audit to identify and remedy any practices that may contribute to compensation gaps.
- I will require diverse slates for all hiring within BD’s Law Group. I will ensure hiring managers and interviewers understand the business need for diverse talent/representation.
- I will enhance the rigor of succession planning and talent review programs to build a pipeline of underrepresented and diverse talent for internal legal positions.
- I support the development of a rotational program/stretch opportunities across Law Group practice areas to build talent competencies and provide developmental experiences in other areas.
- I will engage with our relationship partners and attorneys at law firms within BD’s Preferred Provider Network (PPN) about the Law Group’s commitment to global inclusion and diversity and, more specifically, its goals to attract, retain and develop diverse talent. I will share opportunities to partner in our ID&E goals through joint internship and pro bono programs, for example.
- I will partner annually with at least two LCLD Member law firms to provide opportunities for diverse 1Ls to participate in BD Law Group’s Diversity Internship Program.
- I will grow and strengthen BD Law Group’s Diversity Internship program as part of our ongoing commitment to foster an inclusive culture and to provide opportunities to underrepresented and diverse talent in the legal profession.