I, Robert Hays, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader to advocate and promote the importance of diversity & inclusion in the firm.
- Encourage other partners and leaders in the firm to actively support diversity and inclusion and to sponsor/mentor diverse and women lawyers at the firm, including by meeting with current and former LCLD program participants to learn more about their career paths and how the firm can support them.
- Recognize lawyers and others who are actively contributing to the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Continue to expand the diversity of our leadership teams and our leadership pipeline.
- Model inclusive leadership and allyship.
- Meet regularly with the firm’s Diversity Chair and diversity and inclusion leadership team.
- Speak with other law firm leaders to exchange ideas about how to increase diversity and inclusion in the profession.
- Foster an inclusive environment where diverse and women personnel feel welcomed and supported at work.
- Review our key talent management processes (recruiting, work allocation, performance feedback, and compensation/advancement) to ensure they remain aligned with and encourage our diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Maintain our sponsorship of diversity-related organizations, pipeline programs and community organizations that advance diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and beyond.
- Continue leveraging our legal expertise by providing pro bono representation in support of fundamental legal needs, including important diversity and inclusion issues.
- Maintain our support of LCLD’s mission and programs, including Pathfinder, Fellows, 1L Scholars, and Success in Law School Mentoring Programs.
- Continue mentorship, sponsorship and other programs to help create opportunities for diverse and women attorneys to advance at the firm.
- Continue to include diverse and women attorneys among the teams pursuing new business opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Explore additional ways to partner with clients and other outside organizations to identify work, mentoring and leadership opportunities for diverse and women lawyers and hold joint diversity programming.