Chairman — BakerHostetler
I, Paul Schmidt, personally commit to the following:
- Engage with senior leadership at the firm to ensure continuous and intentional focus on diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our business.
- Engage with I&D Director and Diversity Council to advance diversity, equity and inclusion programming and opportunities around the firm.
- Meet periodically with diverse and women lawyers to ensure understanding of their experiences at the firm.
- Identify and advocate for advancement of diverse and women attorneys.
- Commit resources to talent management, recruiting, education and learning to improve inclusion and diversity.
- Implement a work allocation program for associates to help ensure equitable work opportunities and career development for diverse attorneys.
- Incorporate I&D goals and accountability into firmwide and practice group strategic plans to include recruiting, retention, advancement and leadership objectives.
- Implement small-group professional development acceleration programs that include diverse and women associates.
- Enhance sponsorship opportunities to ensure inclusion of diverse and women attorneys.
- Implement firmwide bias and ally training, and other measures, to enhance understanding of the experience of diverse colleagues and promote inclusion.
- Partner with clients to create and prioritize summer associate opportunities for diverse law students.