I, Patrick Finnan, personally commit to the following:
- Leverage my role as a firm leader to advocate for diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) within our firm and in the intellectual property profession.
- Continue to participate in our firm’s DEI committee to help implement DEI policies and initiatives.
- Be an example by personally providing legal training to participants in our diversity internship program.
- Persistently reinforce our DEI messaging in my communications with others to advance a firm culture that values DEI.
- Remain openminded and creative about how to improve and evolve our firm’s DEI efforts.
- Keep steadfast in supporting our DEI efforts, understanding that long-term progress may not always follow our immediate plans and expectations.
- Partner with clients on the Patent Pipeline Program to train interns from underrepresented groups to become patent agents, including a commitment to hire successful interns to patent agent positions.
- Expand recruiting at local Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) for our diversity internship program that teaches technical and legal writing skills to undergraduate STEM students.
- Improve diversity recruiting by building stronger relationships with specific law schools and professors committed to diversity hiring.
- Support and implement the initiatives recommended by our firm’s DEI committee.
- Regularly communicate firm DEI initiatives and successes to our entire to team to reinforce the importance of inclusiveness and diversity within our organization.
- Adapt our DEI policies and initiatives to be more effective as we learn from our experiences.