I, Michael Wu, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice as a leader in the legal profession and within Bath & Body Works to promote DE&I.
- Continue to serve on the board of directors of the Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association and organize diverse programming including Chief Legal Officer panels.
- Continue to serve as an advisor to the Asian American Bar Association of New York.
- Continue to serve on the Bath & Body Works Inclusion Council as a steering committee member.
- Continue to serve as the executive sponsor for the “All In” Asian Pacific American inclusion resource group and provide active leadership to the IRG.
- Be an active member of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) and support its programs and events.
- Sponsor advocacy organization events and training.
- Foster an inclusive culture to engage, develop and retain talent.
- Host meetings or other events to promote an open dialogue around DE&I.
- Maintain the expectation that all job postings in the legal department will have diverse slates and interview panels with Chief Legal Officer approval for any exceptions.
- Engage diverse teams both inside our organization and with law firms.
- Engage vendors that understand, value, commit to, and make measurable progress toward Bath & Body Works DE&I expectations.
- Seek diverse suppliers through national and local advocacy organizations such as LCLD and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association.
- Expand collection of data from law firms, improve analysis and application of diversity data and use it to inform internal DE&I goals and strategies.
- Include outside counsel guidelines relating to diversity including representation on work and law firm leadership.
- Leverage best practices for identifying diverse suppliers for upcoming purchasing and sourcing activities.