I, Michael Walshe, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my firm and in my profession to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will meet regularly with my firm's diverse attorneys and staff, including my firm's LCLD Fellows and Pathfinders, to listen to their feedback and offer them support and mentorship on their professional development.
- I will personally sponsor at least one diverse junior attorney each year. As part of this relationship, I will personally ensure that my protégé receives an opportunity to develop or stretch his or her professional capabilities.
- I will use my voice as a leader in my firm to advocate for and implement the Firm's DEI Strategic Plan on hiring, promotion, work allocation, training, and procurement practices.
- My firm will commit to increasing its efforts to identify and recruit diverse candidates for attorney and staff positions.
- My firm will commit to ensuring that diverse attorneys and staff are given opportunities to develop or stretch their professional capabilities.
- My firm will commit to educating its attorneys and staff on DEI principles.
- My firm will enhance its partnerships with local schools and community organizations to increase the pipeline for diverse candidates into law schools.
- My firm will commit to identifying and incorporating more local minority-owned businesses and service providers and vendors into its procurement system.
- My firm will commit to adopting and implementing a DEI Strategic Plan that addresses hiring, promotion, work allocation, training, and procurement practices.