I, Michael Ullmann, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to use my voice and presence as a leader inside and outside Johnson & Johnson (J&J) to meaningfully advocate for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the J&J Law Department, the company, the legal profession as a whole, and the communities we serve across the globe.
- I will live into J&J’s DEI vision—be yourself, change the world—and our mission—make diversity, equity and inclusion how we work every day.
- I will continue to champion the J&J Law Department’s efforts to fight racism and injustice around the world.
- I will live into J&J’s DEI strategy by inspiring and engaging my colleagues to own and champion DEI at all levels of the enterprise, accelerating actions and outcomes, and driving greater transparency and accountability by serving as a thought leader and role model.
- I will continue my sponsorship of Employee Resource Groups and my involvement in diversity leadership programs, inviting participation and seeking opportunities to mentor, sponsor and advance diverse talent.
- I will continue to support the recognition and reward of exemplary DEI strategies within my organization, welcoming and inspiring all other leaders to do the same.
- I will continue to advance a culture of inclusion by strengthening my inclusive leadership competencies and to enable empathetic conversations—inviting the same from my leaders and organization.
- I will hold myself and my team leaders accountable for continued progress toward achieving the enterprise, as well as individual, DEI goals.
- Support the continued participation of members of the J&J Law Department in LCLD and other organizations dedicated to promoting DEI in the profession through financial support and encouraging the department to actively participate in their programs.
- Continue to proactively support the efforts of law firms and other professional service providers, including LCLD member firms, to promote the advancement of diverse professionals providing services to J&J.
- Continue to endeavor to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities by optimizing processes regarding how we attract, develop, advance and retain our talent.