I, Michael Scott, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in our firm and in the profession to advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in the legal profession and my community.
- I will use my leadership position to ensure our Firm’s approach to work assignments, hiring, performance reviews, and compensation support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- I will work closely with our EDI team to foster equity and inclusion within Nutter and our local community.
- I will actively participate in and support all EDI initiatives at our firm, and will encourage other members of firm leadership to do the same.
- I will meet twice a year with our firm’s Fellows and Pathfinders to discuss their experiences within the firm and their ideas for ways in which the firm can enhance their experience.
- I will speak with 3 GC/LCLD member clients about opportunities to collaborate to advance the careers of named diverse lawyers within the firm, through opportunities like secondments, inclusion of diverse lawyers in partner succession planning, etc.
- We will continue to work to achieve Mansfield Plus certification.
- We will require practice group leaders to prepare and present to our Executive Committee annual EDI action plans and quarterly assess progress using established metrics.
- We will continue to provide financial support to organizations that work to increase diversity in the legal profession and organizations that provide legal services to under-served communities.
- We will review our firm’s origination credit process to ensure that practices such as credit-sharing and developing business promote and support our EDI initiatives.
- We will continue our focus on hiring, mentoring, and advancing attorneys from historically underrepresented groups.
- Nutter will continue to commit resources, including EDI staff, training, and educational programming, to ensure that we meet our EDI goals and support an inclusive work force.
- Through our participation in a local supplier diversity initiative, we will use our purchasing power in vendor selection to create greater opportunities for local businesses of color.