I, Michael C. Hammer, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to use my position and platform to address issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and identify ways that DickinsonWright can create an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- I will continue to monitor the implementation of DickinsonWright’s Diversity Action Plan to bolster Dickinson Wright’s reputation as a destination firm for diverse attorneys.
- I will continue to ensure that diversity is a key consideration in major firm decisions where it is implicated.
- I will continue to attend internal programming conducted by DickinsonWright’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to increase my knowledge of the unique challenges faced by women, attorneys of color, LGBTQ attorneys, and attorneys with disabilities.
- I will continue to communicate with our women and diverse attorneys to assist them in their career development.
- I will assist with our organizational commitments below.
Dickinson Wright will:
- Get in the “trenches” and meet with women and diverse attorneys on an individual basis to review their progress, offer career advice, and solve issues.
- Help develop women and diverse attorneys as firm leaders and look for opportunities for women and minority attorney representation in firm leadership roles.
- Identify and participate in diversity-focused recruiting events for law students and lateral hires.
- Replicate our successful Firm Life initiatives with new law schools and affinity groups across our national footprint.
- Financially support minority bar association and community partners.
- Bolster retention efforts for women and diverse attorneys.
- Bolster mentoring for high-performing, mid-career diverse associates through to income membership.
- Continue to conduct regular stay and exit interviews to gather data on how to improve retention and increase pipeline durability.
- Utilize the Diversity Data Dashboard to track work allocation from partners to junior lawyers.
- Continue to monitor and analyze important attorney performance metrics, including billable hours, capacity, and billing credit sharing.
- Utilize Diversity Self-Evaluation Tool for allocation purposes.