I, Maureen Dry-Wasson, personally commit to the following:
- I commit to sponsor and mentor the diverse members of my team, focusing on succession planning for future legal team leadership positions.
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my global and local communities.
- I will choose two outside counsel firms and identify a specific diverse young partner/senior associate in each firm to be introduced to and engrained in my company’s business to result in meaningful billable time and business development experience for the diverse partner/senior associate.
- I will join LCLD’s General Counsel Mentoring Program and serve as a mentor to LCLD Alumni who are in general counsel roles.
- I commit to deeply listen and learn about others from diverse backgrounds with a goal of improving my ability to be an effective advocate and ally.
- I will support and promote Major, Lindsey & Africa’s DE&I program and vision. At Major, Lindsey & Africa, we are deeply committed to diversity for our clients and ourselves, embracing, encouraging and supporting diversity and inclusion wherever—and whenever—we can.
- I will work with one LCLD law firm to develop a program with a 1L diverse law student with a goal of providing the student with exposure to both law firm and in-house practice.
- I commit to talking to five GCs to learn from them and share ideas regarding best practices in running an inclusive legal team and in holding law firms accountable for diversity, not just in the statistical make-up of outside counsel but in how billable work is allocated and business development opportunities are fostered.
- I will work with law schools to develop mentoring programs with my organization for diverse law students.