I, Matthew Broad, personally commit to the following:
- Use my position to enable and support a work environment that welcomes a diversity of cultures, perspectives, attitudes and ideas, and honors our team members’ heritage and uniqueness.
- Ensure that principles of Inclusion and Diversity play an appropriate role in recruiting, career development, and leadership planning within my department.
- Continue to expand my knowledge and understanding of Inclusion and Diversity, and apply my learnings to benefit our team members and our organization.
- Remain actively engaged with the LCLD and other organizations that advance Inclusion and Diversity ideals.
- Encourage our team members to participate in LCLD programs and share their experiences within our department.
- Promote an inclusive and diverse culture through:
- Advancing workplace diversity by increasing our pipeline of diverse leaders, seeking to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of talent in our practice areas and community, and adopting best practices in recruiting and development;
- Creating an inclusive environment by providing relevant awareness training to our team members, equipping leaders with the right tools and resources, and utilizing employee resource groups to engage, retain, and advance our teams; and
- Building on our commitment by seeking to make a positive impact in our community, and continuing to ensure our law firm partners understand our goals and commitment and identify ways they can work with us to achieve our goals.