I, Lucy Stark, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization, and in the profession, to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in the community in which I reside.
- I will lead by example by encouraging and advocating for a diverse leadership team of lawyers and senior professionals in leadership positions, and ensuring that our firm future leadership pipeline includes diverse lawyers and professionals, particularly from underrepresented backgrounds.
- I will regularly engage with the firm’s Management Committee, Practice Group Leaders and Partners to discuss issues and reinforce the importance of maintaining an inclusive, equitable and diverse community.
- I will provide meaningful support to our Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Partnership Admission Committee and Diversity & Inclusion Committee to develop, retain and promote the diverse talent in our firm.
- I will meet with our LCLD Pathfinders, Fellows, 1L Scholars and Alumni each year, and seek their input on their experiences within the firm and our recommendations on how we can improve professional development and retention.
- We will continue to engage with and sponsor law student groups, diversity bar associations, and other diversity organizations that support underrepresented groups in our legal communities.
- We will continue our engagement with diverse 1L law students as part of our Colorado Pledge to Diversity Law Firm Group, other offices’ diversity clerk positions, and our Diverse 1L Shared Experience programs.
- Having been so certified each of the past four program years, we will continue to pursue Mansfield Rule and Mansfield Plus Certifications, ensuring that at least 30% of attorney recruitment, partner promotion and certain firm leadership candidates are comprised of women and other historically underrepresented groups.
- In setting compensation for all attorneys, we will continue to consider each attorney’s contributions to our DE&I efforts, including satisfaction of our annual 25-hour DEI requirement.