I, Lou Brenner, personally commit to the following:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are business priorities for Navy Federal Credit Union and for the Office of General Counsel at Navy Federal. We recognize that these values increase our ability to innovate, create, and foster professional excellence. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion allows us to broaden our organizational perspective, leverage the unique perspectives of all employees, and strengthen our retention efforts.
Specifically, I will:
- Use my voice as a leader to reinforce Navy Federal’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Actively promote diversity in recruitment for all positions of our institution, including open positions in the Office of General Counsel.
- Continue my personal journey through education, active listening, and engagement.
- Seek opportunities for further development of our staff through education, training and listening.
- Promote the inclusion of diverse attorneys in professional development opportunities.
- Participate in and support the programs and initiatives of the LCLD, as well as other related initiatives of our institution.
- Consider our outside counsel’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including but not limited to their staffing of our cases.
- Work with our individual teams to collect, analyze and use diversity data to more effectively promote the diversity of our outside law firms and attempt to achieve more equity in our use of outside law firms.