I, Linda Perez Clark, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will partner with a general counsel to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch.
- I will meet at least annually with my organization’s Fellows, Pathfinders, and Alumni to discuss their experiences within Kean Miller and seek their recommendations for achieving higher levels of DE&I within the firm and the legal profession.
- I will personally sponsor at least one diverse Kean Miller attorney, to support that lawyer’s development and ensure that others in the firm are aware of that lawyer’s practice, contributions and availability.
- I will ensure that the firm seeks to have sufficient diverse representation on all firm committees.
- I will create a directory of lawyers who identify as diverse and make it available to Practice Group Leaders and others building client teams.
- I will work with my firm to create an internal process to evaluate all significant client teams for diversity for the purpose of having a sufficiently diverse client team.
- I will ensure the firm offers unconscious bias training to all attorneys.
- I will continue to ensure that the firm affirmatively considers diverse lawyers for mission critical operations and decision-making, including with respect to leadership roles, recruitment, and business development activities, with the goal of increasing the representation of diverse lawyers in firm leadership by broadening the pool of candidates considered for these opportunities.
- I will continue to ensure that the firm actively and regularly reports its diversity statistics and efforts in client communications, legal industry surveys, client reporting, through our Website, and in our marketing materials.
- I will implement a firm program that supports women attorneys in connection with their development and career objectives.
- I will ensure the firm continues to deliver our pipeline program, Kean Miller Connection.
- I will ask the firm’s DE&I Council to prepare and present to the firm’s Management Committee an annual diversity and inclusion report.
- I will ask firm management to focus on additional processes and programs to assist the integration into our firm of new diverse attorneys.