I, Les Bookoff, personally commit to the following:
- Be a committed ally and accomplice to DEI causes.
- Lead by example. Not just green lighting DEI initiatives, but championing and participating in them myself.
- Serve on our firm’s DEI committee (consisting of staff and associates) and use my position to support others.
- Listen to learn, not to respond.
- Adopt a mindset that there is always room for improvement and even my most steadfastly held views may be (and likely are) outdated.
- Instill the value and importance of DEI in our leadership as key to our identity, culture, and brand.
- Regularly convene our team to learn about and discuss DEI issues.
- Strive to level the playing field on various fronts to deliver an engaging, rewarding, and enjoyable work experience to all our team members.
- Elevate the voice of team members from underrepresented groups in hiring, promotion, review, and work-related decisions.
- Empower our in-house DEI committee to implement the organizational changes they believe would make our workplace more diverse, inclusive, and equitable.
- Ramp up our women’s initiatives.
- Continue to adapt to the ever-changing needs of our team.
- Periodically solicit anonymous feedback from our team. Meet with leadership to consider changes.
- Support all our team members, especially those from underrepresented groups with resources so they may pursue professional growth opportunities inside and outside of the firm.
- Endeavor to remain one of the most diverse law firms in the country.