I, Kodwo Ghartey-Tagoe, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to learn and be open to feedback from others on my views as well as their experience in relation to diversity and inclusion.
- I will leverage my CLO position at Duke Energy to promote and support diversity and inclusion in my organization and the legal profession.
- I will ensure the OGC is engaged in D&I initiatives to include diversity engagement, regular conversations on D&I, and training (e.g., Pathways to Inclusion and Race Awareness training).
- I will evaluate Duke Energy legal alliance firms on their support of Duke Energy’s D&I values, including their diversity initiatives and their ability to adequately staff matters with a diverse team.
- I will remain actively engaged with organizations that advance D&I initiatives and programs. I will promote these initiatives within the OGC and Duke Energy as a whole.
- I will participate in public forums and engage in discussion on best practices to drive diversity in the legal profession and in the community in which I live.
- I will ensure the OGC is committed to building a diverse workforce that mirrors the communities we serve, because teams with diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds perform better and make the OGC a better place to work. This will be accomplished by ensuring there are diverse slates and diverse hiring panels for all open positions within the OGC.
- I will ensure all members of the OGC have a goal of attending events intended to educate or create awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The OGC D&I Committee will sponsor events such as book clubs, speaker series, CLEs and race awareness training which will promote D&I educational awareness within the OGC.
- I will ensure the OGC will use a group of legal alliance firms who support the diversity and inclusion initiatives of the OGC by ensuring Duke Energy legal matters are staffed with diverse attorneys.
- I will require a percentage of the OGC outside budget is spent on diverse law firms and/or diverse attorneys within our legal alliance firms.
- I will ensure the OGC sponsors a diversity internship program to promote the increase of diversity within the legal profession.
- I will continue to support the OGC’s commitment to the NC Mecklenburg County Bar Association’s General Counsel & Managing Partners’ Diversity Initiative.