I, Kim Rivera, personally commit to the following:
Use my platform, position, influence and network to:
- Ensure diverse attorneys have meaningful and sustained access to business, including:
- Business from HP
- Business from other Companies and GC’s
- Access to senior corporate executives and board members who are potential sources of business.
- Define, promote and advocate for policies and practices that focus on access to business opportunity and financial influence as a means of increasing the numbers of diverse attorneys in leadership positions, particularly at senior levels.
- Use my personal network and relationships with other GC’s as a resource to help define and advance systemic change in our departments and amongst our legal service providers.
- In 2020 and 2021 host/engage at least 15 other GCs with the objective of promoting diverse talent amongst our service providers.
- Focus on business practices that meaningfully diversify executive management and compensation committees/decision-makers.
- Implement hiring (Rooney rule), compensation (pay equity audits) and talent development policies (equitable distribution of assignments and opportunities) that ensure diverse talent has equitable access to opportunity and compensation.
- Ensure diverse succession bench.
- Diversity at the senior leadership level of my department.
- Amount of HP business diverse lawyers are accountable for managing.
- Amount of other corporate business opportunity flowing to diverse attorneys.
- Diversity of law firm management and compensation committees of legal service providers.