SVP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary — NiSource
I, Kim Cuccia, personally commit to the following:
- Use my position as a platform to reinforce NiSource’s DE&I efforts and work to enhance our culture of belonging, understanding and acceptance.
- Collaborate with my peers and be a driver of conversations to gain learnings and help educate others.
- Mentor, sponsor and serve as an advocate for diverse people both within and outside of the legal field and NiSource.
- Continue to encourage others to bring their whole selves to work and leading by example.
- Support and engage with NiSource’s LCLD participants to support their personal development and create pathways for our participants to share their experiences with the rest of our legal team.
- Create space in our legal budget for economic diversity and evaluate our law firms on their support of NiSource’s DE&I values, including their ability to adequately staff NiSource matters with a diverse team.
- Continue learning and be open to feedback from others on my views related to diversity and inclusion.
- Holding one another accountable as we continue to create an environment where all employees can reach their full potential and feel psychologically and culturally safe while growing and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and expertise.
- To ensure diverse candidate pools for all open positions, as well as representation of diverse talent across the organization.
- Strengthen leadership accountability, capabilities for DE&I and tie leader compensation to DE&I goals.
- Partner with suppliers and service providers who are as diverse as those we hire and serve, investing in workforce development and mobilizing our employees to be inspired by the power of philanthropy and service.
- Enable equality of opportunity through fairness and transparency, as well as measure and evaluate key diversity metrics across NiSource to ensure that we have a diverse workforce of professionals across our service territory.
- Promote openness and confront microaggressions as NiSource continues to provide transparency around our DE&I efforts.
- Foster belonging through support for all and invest in creating opportunities and access for underrepresented talent in the legal profession.