I, Keith Orso, personally commit to the following:
- Continue implementing and fostering the success of our Diversity & Inclusion (“D&I") program.
- Keep seeking opportunities to partner with LCLD and similar pipeline programs.
- Meet with the firm’s Diversity Committee and other firm leadership to continue providing support, hearing feedback and discussing recommendations to improve D&I efforts at all firm levels.
- Continue meeting and engaging with the Executive Director and the Senior Manager of Recruiting to advance diversity, equity and inclusion programming and opportunities at the firm.
- Seek more feedback from our firm’s Fellows, Pathfinders and alumni to discuss their experiences within the firm, and invite each individual to provide more recommendations on improving our culture and support for historically underrepresented attorneys.
- Solicit more ongoing feedback from all our attorneys and staff, emphasizing they are free to speak their minds, and reassuring them they will be heard.
- Continue holding the firm’s leaders and my partners accountable for Irell & Manella’s D&I success.
- Remain dedicated to promoting an institutional culture that fosters the recruitment, advancement and development of a diverse population that reflects our larger community.
- Continue to support solutions that ensure all members of the Irell & Manella family feel welcome and have an equal opportunity to thrive.
- Support our Diversity Committee's continuing efforts to recommend and implement strategies and goals to further D&I and to fight racial and social injustice, working closely with the Executive Committee.
- In keeping with the firm’s commitment to attracting and promoting the highest quality attorneys and creating an environment where attorneys of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds, beliefs, gender identities and sexual orientations can thrive, Irell & Manella intends to continue to offer Diversity Scholarship Awards to a select number of second-year law students each year.
- Continue promoting diversity in the legal profession and providing equal opportunity to people of all ages interested in pursuing a career in law through youth programs that share in that mission.
- Remain committed to supporting various community and legal diversity organizations.