I, Keiko Sugisaka, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice and leadership position at the Firm to promote a culture of diversity, equity and inclusivity throughout at all levels of the Firm.
- I will continue to lead our Firm’s commitment to achieving Midsize Mansfield Rule certification.
- I will continue to actively participate in and support all Firm DEI initiatives, including the Firm’s DEI Committee and Diverse Attorney Resource Group.
- I will communicate and promote the Firm’s DEI initiatives with clients and explore partnership opportunities.
- I will ensure that diverse and women attorneys at the Firm are supported for participation in programs that elevate and advance their careers such as career and business development coaching, affinity bar membership, Twin Cities Diversity in Practice and the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
- I will collaborate with clients and other law firm leaders and legal organizations to share ideas and best practices of how to increase diversity, equity and inclusion in our legal profession and beyond.
- The Firm will continue to build a culture of inclusion and excellence that attracts, promotes and retains diverse attorneys and staff.
- The Firm will achieve and maintain Midsize Mansfield Rule certification.
- The Firm will include DEI issues on the agendas and planning at firm and practice group levels.
- The Firm will continue to support efforts and programming to diversify the pipeline into the legal profession through the Firm’s UPLIFT middle school mock trial program, support of local initiatives such as Just the Beginning and the Federal Courts Open Doors and Court Camp programs, LSAT prep course sponsorships for diverse students and other initiatives.
- The Firm will continue to use its Pro Bono commitment and services to support the needs of diverse and underserved communities.
- The Firm will continue its recruiting efforts to attract and hire top diverse talent into our attorney and professional staff.
- The Firm will continue to conduct training and include processes and other tools to eliminate implicit bias in hiring, performance evaluations and promotions.
- The Firm will seek out, build and maintain diversity partnerships with clients, diversity organizations and the community.