General Counsel & Corporate Secretary — Energizer
I, Kate Dugan, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to advocate for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) in the legal profession and in my community. At Energizer, I will ensure that DEIB is a core value of our Legal Department, and is reflected in how we recruit, develop, retain, and advance talent.
- I will meet annually with at least five other general counsels in my industry to discuss how to promote DEIB internally and among our legal service providers.
- I will meet at least twice a year with Energizer’s LCLD Fellows and Alumni to discuss their experiences within the organization and request that each of them recommend something we could do better in how we recruit, develop, retain, and/or advance diverse talent.
- We will foster a Legal Department culture in which all colleagues (a) feel valued, respected, and able to bring their whole selves to work; (b) are encouraged to share diverse views and perspectives as well as learn from one another; and (c) have confidence in, and trust, their leaders.
- We will develop and implement DEIB guidelines for our outside counsel to promote diversity within their ranks and on the teams working on Energizer matters, such as designating credit for Energizer engagements and relationship partner succession planning. Alignment with those guidelines will be included as a criterion for outside counsel to be selected to be, and remain, an Energizer preferred provider.
- We will deliberately consider diversity in succession planning for internal legal leadership positions.
- We will support our Energizer team members’ continued participation in LCLD, other professional organizations dedicated to promoting diversity in the profession, and affinity bar associations through financial support as well as through attendance at / participation in programs.