I, Karen Roberts, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my influence as a leader within Walmart and elsewhere to advocate for a diverse and inclusive environment in Walmart’s Legal department, the company, and in my community.
- I will meet regularly with leaders of the Walmart Global Governance DEI Council to discuss DE&I initiatives, ask for candid feedback, and actively seek solutions to challenges.
- As an officer sponsor of Walmart’s FAVOR Associate Resource Group, I will lead by example and encourage associates to bring their full selves to work—including their faith. I pledge to be a student of those faiths and learn from my colleagues.
- Walmart Legal will advance a diverse and inclusive work environment through our partnership with Walmart’s Racial Equity Center and shared value networks, focusing on racial equity in criminal justice, education, financial, and health care systems.
- We will provide and promote meaningful DE&I training and resources for our associates, including Legal-specific training for our attorneys.
- We will continue to support and encourage our attorneys to participate in diverse trade associations such as NAMWOLF, National Native American Bar Association, and others. We will cover up to $500 a year for bar association or professional membership dues per associate.
- We will continue to participate in the LCLD Pathfinders and Fellows programs.