I, Julie Gruber, personally commit to the following:
- Serve as an outspoken leader in support of DE&I—or Equality & Belonging as we say at Gap Inc.—across our global operations and use my platform as a senior leader at one of the world’s largest apparel companies to advocate for these values in society more broadly.
- To collaborate with my peers and local and national resources and groups, including LCLD, to support initiatives that advance DE&I in the legal profession.
- To use my position to reinforce the strong DE&I culture within the Gap Inc. legal department and ensure that DE&I is a key factor in recruiting and developing talent and succession planning within our department.
- To mentor and sponsor diverse talent both within and outside of the legal profession.
- To continue to invest the time and resources to expand my personal understanding of DE&I issues.
Gap Inc. Legal & Assest Protection Teams
- To measure and evaluate key diversity metrics across the Gap Inc. legal and Asset Protection departments to ensure a diverse composition of professionals across all levels.
- To continue to evaluate law firm metrics and data to drive meaningful engagement with preferred law firm providers, and ensure they understand, value and are committed to making measurable progress in ensuring diverse representation both on our account, as well as across the broader legal profession.
- To dedicate time, talent and resources to services and organizations like LCLD, Diversity Lab and Minority Corporate Counsel Association that support the advancement of underrepresented groups in the legal profession and more broadly.
- To continue to support and encourage active involvement in the Gap Inc. Legal Diversity Committee, Pro Bono & Pipeline Committee, and other DE&I activities and programs across Gap Inc.
- To continue to invest in creating opportunities and access for underrepresented talent in the legal profession.
- To ensure diverse candidate pools and interview panels for all open positions on my team.
- To leverage our legal and asset protection departments’ unique skills to proactively support Gap Inc.’s company-wide DE&I efforts and its E&B team’s efforts to create a diverse and inclusive company culture, to increase diversity among our broader employee population, and to provide transparency around our DE&I efforts.
Gap Inc. Organization-Wide
- To encourage employee relations and asset protection measures across Gap Inc that promote the strongest DE&I standards and encourage equality and belonging across our team, our customers and the communities where we operate