José Ramón González
Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary — Equitable Holdings, Inc.
I, José Ramón González, personally commit to the following:
- I will promote the right of Latinos and Latinas in the United States through my work with LatinoJustice, as further described here.
- I will work to increase the representation of Latino lawyers in corporate law departments through my work with PODER25, as further described here.
- I will personally mentor a minimum of two diverse attorneys in Equitable’s Law Department, and two additional diverse attorneys in other organizations.
- I will support the development programs of the Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD), the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA), and other appropriate organizations to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- I will use my voice and influence to publicly advocate for material systemic change to address diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal community.
- I will require Equitable’s attorneys, for every single matter, to interview and equally consider a diverse leading outside counsel who will receive substantial economic or reputation credit for the matter
- I will support Equitable’s mission to be the most sought-after employer for Black professionals by shattering racial inequities in our workplace and building an Equitable that supports and invests in the careers and well-being of our Black employees and advisors.
- I will support Equitable’s racial equity committed outcomes by 2023, including to double Black leadership, black financial advisors and district managers, Black eNPS, and Black psychological safety.
- I will ensure that Equitable’s Law Department has a written diversity strategy addressing recruiting, developing, mentoring, retaining, and promoting diverse talent that is well known and easily accessible to every member of the Law Department.
- I will require a diverse slate of candidates and interviewing panels for open positions in the Law Department and that the hiring managers and interviewers understand the business need for diverse talent and representation.
- I will support our team’s participation in Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity, Minority Corporate Counsel Association, and other minority bar associations and local chapters.
- I will ensure that Equitable’s Law Department begins its diversity recruiting efforts early by providing diverse law students with rewarding summer internships and supporting their flourishment.