I, John Whipple, personally commit to the following:
- I will continue to support Providence’s diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments.
- I will continue to drive Providence’s Department of Legal Affairs’ (DLA) active recruitment of diverse attorneys and staff.
- I will support DLA’s efforts to retain and develop its diverse talent.
- I will take a personal interest in the lives and careers of our diverse caregivers.
- I will use business and professional contacts to support the careers of our diverse caregivers.
- Recognize and support caregivers in their individual efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession, DLA, and at Providence.
- Leverage the recruitment, retention, development, mentoring, and promotion of diverse talent, inside and outside of DLA and Providence, to deliver exceptional legal services to our clients.
- Build the legal talent pipeline by (a) ensuring that our soon-to-be established summer intern program delivers meaningful and real-world legal experiences and skill-building; (b) partnering with our external law firm partners to expose interns to additional areas and types of legal practice; and (c) create networking opportunities with legal professionals and other interns at Providence.
- Develop outside counsel guidelines designed to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession and to ensure that DLA is intentional about how it partners with third party legal services providers.
- To work with local and national organizations to intentionally develop and grow the role of diverse attorneys within the wider legal community.