Firm Management Committee Member — Pirkey Barber PLLC
I, Jered Matthysse, personally commit to the following:
- Continue to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion at all levels of Pirkey Barber.
- Use my platform to advocate for increased diversity in the legal profession.
- Regularly meet and work closely with Pirkey Barber's Diversity Committee to promote equity and diversity within the firm.
- Take action if I ever see bias within the firm or elsewhere.
- Engage with Members at Pirkey Barber about the importance of diversity and equity, and emphasize the value and importance to the firm of their active support for diversity initiatives.
- Listen to, and learn from, the experiences of our diverse attorneys.
- Continue to commit resources to talent management, recruiting, education and learning to improve inclusion and diversity.
- Continue to allocate work to ensure equitable work opportunities and career development for diverse attorneys.
- Continue to seek out and participate in programs geared to ensure access to IP employment opportunities for traditionally under-represented categories.
- Ensure that diverse attorneys and staff have access to professional development opportunities and networks.
- Identify opportunities for the firm to participate in recruiting programs oriented towards increasing diversity in the profession.
- Identify programs that can be presented internally and in partnership with potential clients relating to increasing diversity in the legal profession and eliminating bias.
- Maintain and foster a respectful, team-oriented, flexible workplace culture that allows diverse attorneys and allies to thrive.