I, Jennifer Hasbrouck, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization and in the profession to support DE&I efforts within the company and industry.
- I will look to partner with a law firm to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch and select at least two Fellows in attendance for a follow-up conversation.
- I will annually sponsor one diverse lawyer within my legal department to participate in the LCLD Fellows Program.
- I will meet with my organization’s Fellows and Alumni to discuss their experiences within the organization and ideas/recommendations for how the organization can improve.
- Our organization will support efforts to retain qualified DBE law firms in appropriate matters to provide legal services to SCE.
- Our organization will request our outside counsel firms to provide annual reporting on the percentage of fees billed to SCE for services provided by diverse attorneys and vendors to SCE, and measure the progress achieved by the firms year over year.
- Our organization will encourage our outside counsel firms to retain and advance qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, LGBTQ+ and other persons traditionally under-represented in the legal profession and to utilize such individuals in providing legal services to SCE.
- Our organization will encourage diverse slates and diverse panels for hiring and promotions within the law department and will ensure that the hiring manager and interviewers have a lens for understanding the benefits of diverse talent and representation.
- Our organization will strive for diversity in internal legal leadership positions.