I, Jeffrey Lutsky, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my platform as the Managing Partner and Co-Chairman of the firm to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion both within my organization and in the greater legal community.
- I will use my position and my voice to ensure that all members of the firm can be authentically and visibly themselves and will intervene and take proactive measure if I learn of any barrier to achieving this goal.
- I will continue to listen to and understand the lived experiences of all members of the firm and will encourage all firm leaders to do the same.
- I commit to sponsor at least one diverse attorney each year by hosting one-on-one meetings regarding the attorney’s career and goals, by providing opportunities for client visibility, and by supporting that attorney’s professional growth.
- Twice a year, I will meet with all attorneys in the firm who are current or former participants in the LCLD program to discuss their experiences in that program and their specific recommendations on how the firm can continue to be more equitable and inclusive.
- I will consistently encourage my partners to promote diverse and inclusive teams of lawyers and I will amplify the firm’s DEI efforts by attending and supporting DEI events and trainings.
- We will continue to develop and implement succession planning strategies that include diversity as a key priority.
- We will ensure that resources dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion (both monetary resources and time dedicated by firm leadership) are equitably allocated across all underrepresented groups within the firm.
- We will scrutinize our internal policies and processes to ensure they promote equal opportunity, including transparency with respect to leadership opportunities, professional development, and advancement.
- We will continue to encourage all members of the firm to participate in DEI initiatives, events, and programs and to remain curious and open to expanding their understanding of diversity and equity.
- We will ensure that our business professionals are fully considered and integrated into the firm’s DEI programs and initiatives so that the firm is a more inclusive and cohesive environment and culture for all, not just for its attorneys.