Co-Managing Partner — Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
I, Jeffrey Keitelman, personally commit to the following:
- We will help to identify and correct unfairness, break down barriers and cultivate a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We commit to fostering an inclusive workplace where everyone’s contributions are respected and valued.
- We commit to help push our teams to implement multi-pronged initiatives to identify and rectify racial and other systemic inequities.
- We commit to help build a stronger team and a more vibrant workforce with fresh perspectives, a rich culture and creative thinking that will enable us to provide our clients with better service and better results.
- We commit to have our firm reach out to our communities to defend the rights of the disadvantaged, create pipelines to success for the underserved, and build new partnerships to foster change in the legal profession and in our society.
- We will continue to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, one in which difference is celebrated, valued and incorporated into the way we approach our colleagues, clients and legal practice.
- DEI and Antiracist Initiatives
- We will continue our commitment to having 50 DEI hours count toward associates’ annual billable hours requirement.
- We will continue our requirement for partners to fulfill 10 hours of DEI activity annually.
- We will continue to conduct annual DEI training for all members of our organization, including annual inclusive intelligence training
- We will continue to support the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance (LFAA) through our membership. LFAA is a group of more than 250 law firms focused on fostering advocacy to eliminate structural racism.
- Recruiting Talent
- Students – We commit to:
- Continuing to participate in the LCLD 1L Scholars program and other pipeline initiatives.
- Expanding the list of schools from which we solicit candidates to include more schools that have large pools of students of color.
- Supporting diverse student groups through sponsorship of programming and events.
- Lateral hiring – We will continue to prioritize diversity in identifying lateral candidates.
- We commit to sponsoring organizations that encourage the career advancement of underrepresented groups in the law.
- Professional Development and Advancement
- We commit to the implementation of a sponsorship program for attorneys from underrepresented groups.
- We commit to providing professional development and advancement opportunities for attorneys from underrepresented groups.
- We commit to communicating the firm’s general criteria for promotion to our associate population.
- We will continue to select two LCLD Pathfinders (3-7 years of experience) to participate in the seven-month program and to select one Fellow (8-15 years of experience) to participate in the nine-month program.