I, James Rosenthal, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader in my organization, and in the profession, to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession and in the communities in which we reside.
- I will use my position among our firm’s leadership to examine hiring, evaluation, and promotion practices to determine how they support or prohibit progress towards equitable representation, including in key leadership positions.
- I will have an open door policy to engage with underrepresented groups to listen to their perspectives. I will further educate myself about the experiences of those underrepresented in this organization and in the legal industry.
- I will acknowledge, encourage others to acknowledge, and take concrete steps to counteract implicit bias in personal and professional contexts.
- I will develop personal mentoring and sponsorship relationships with diverse talent.
- We will foster and maintain a respectful, team-oriented workplace culture that allows diverse attorneys and allies to thrive.
- We will continue to improve diverse representation at all levels among staff, associates, counsel, and partners, by hiring, mentoring, retaining, and promoting diverse employees.
- We will ensure that diverse attorneys have opportunities for first-chair opportunities in litigation and to participate in business opportunities and pitches.
- We will employ experts in the DEI field to train and to assist in implementing policies that develop our abilities to advance equity at our firm and to lead inclusively, including by creating venues for regular feedback on these goals.
- We will continue to encourage and to protect associates’ time for pro bono representation, including for matters related to and in partnership with organizations that challenge the legacy and status quo of systemic injustice and violence towards historically marginalized groups in this country.
- We will continue to participate in coalitions with our peers and other fora dedicated to combating racism, xenophobia, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and other forms of oppression within the legal profession.
- We will examine and hold ourselves accountable to our diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.