I, James Bucking, personally commit to the following:
- Be an apostle for the core values of DE&I in all my intra-firm and externally-facing statements and activities.
- Participate personally in planning and implementation of the Mansfield Rule, aiming to achieve the highest level of commitment in the shortest feasible time.
- Attend internal and external DE&I trainings and events, striving for continuous improvement in my knowledge and awareness.
- Mentor a diverse income partner who would like to become an equity partner.
- Ensure that the firm’s historical position as a trailblazer on DE&I continues, and adapts to the changing needs of the moment.
- Create processes and systems to ensure that the wonderfully diverse classes of lawyers we hire feel included, grow professionally, and advance at the firm into successful partners and future leaders.
- Support, financially and otherwise, a world class DE&I program and make it a top strategic priority for the firm.
- Promote pro bono work within the firm to advance racial justice, reproductive rights, and LGBTQ protections.
- Continue and expand our DE&I Thought Leadership initiative, including clients and other friends of the firm in our efforts.
- Continue to support the firm’s affinity group program.