Co US Managing Partner — DLA Piper
I, Jackie Park, personally commit to the following:
- As a steward for change, use my diverse voice, diverse background and diverse experience to keep DLA Piper at the forefront of the movement for true and meaningful change for diversity and inclusion in the legal industry.
- As the Co-US Managing Partner of one of the world’s largest firms, use the firm’s platform and megaphone to advocate for the advancement of women and diverse lawyers.
- Meet with the firm’s LCLD Fellow and Pathfinders quarterly in one-on-one sessions to discuss any challenges and solutions and provide introductions to constructive relationships internally and externally.
- Support each of the firm’s 2021/2022 Emerging Leaders (of DLA Piper’s 18-month leadership pipeline program for women and diverse partners) by engaging in periodic one-on-one discussions as they navigate any challenges in building internal and external networks.
- Continue to grow the firm’s internal leadership pipeline by devoting firm resources to building critical client relationship and business development skills of our women and diverse lawyers.
- Engage in knowledge sharing with clients around D&I best practices and metrics.
- Promote practice group leader commitment through annual D&I action plans. Diversity action plans are created for each practice group, tailored to the priorities, needs and culture of each group, and practice group leaders are held accountable for diversity and inclusion results.
- Create connectivity and synergy among the firm’s 7 resource groups and 22 local office D&I committees.
- Support and strengthen the pipeline of women and diverse lawyers into the firm by refining and periodically reviewing our strategies for recruiting talent.