I, Jack C. McElroy, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader within Shutts & Bowen and in the profession to advocate for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will demonstrate my commitment within the firm by being an active participant in our Diversity Committee and Focus on Women Committee discussions and action plans.
- I will connect with diverse team members regularly and personally to listen, hear, understand and support their perspectives, goals and objectives.
- I will communicate Shutts’ diversity initiatives with clients and explore partnership opportunities.
- I will schedule coffee or lunch with female attorneys or attorneys from underrepresented groups periodically while visiting each of the firm offices to provide these attorneys with access to senior management.
- We will continue to increase diverse representation within our firm through our hiring practices.
- Shutts will ensure that all DEI initiatives and resources are readily accessible to all employees and will encourage all principals to share our DEI initiatives when meeting with clients.
- When making appointments to key leadership positions at the firm, consider a minimum of one female partner and one partner from an underrepresented community.
- Increase our pipeline efforts at the college and law school levels.